Write your targets, goals and intents.
Your overall business goals will dictate your PR approach.
There are many possible goals, including:
- Using the credibility and validity that comes with being featured in the mainstream media to help build your brand.
- Increasing sales.
- Receiving funding or investment.
- Targeting a particular market sector
- Establishing a new business or product launch
- Establishing yourself as an expert in your field.
Be clear, specific and targeted. Include not only what you want to achieve, but why and by when.
Create targets that you can measure.
Have an overall long-term goal, but break it down into short term achievable objectives.
Be realistic. Stating that you want to be the new Apple or Google, sound good, and who knows, you just might be, but as a goal, that’s not going to get you far.